Monday 18 April 2011

The end of normality...

Well, my scheduled classes have now ended and I have a seminar to finish, and 2 books exams to prepare for. Also the presentation for this seminar which will be more fun than painful.

I have also applied for Aalto summer school for a week in August, it appears that it is not easy to get in to as there are only 10 to 15 places on the course and it is open to all Nordic universities for master's and PhD students. But you know me, I like a challenge! So with luck I get accepted the end of May, if not it's experience for applying and we will see what next year can bring!

Last week, was hugely stressful. The Finnish exams were scheduled, 2 hours grammar, 30mins comprehension, listening and speaking exam. The week before was the presentation for Finnish and then the travel report. Also last week, was the waste to energy presentation and the seminar report. I ended up writing the seminar report alone, most others had groups of 2 or 3 but I managed to write it alone in a short period of time. Now, I wait to see if losing my pair so late cost me grades, I hope it didn't!!

Snow, has melted now apart from the snow piles. I have my bike back out and have started riding around, my fitness hasn't dropped over winter which was shocking, still scaled many hills without dying and only got off when I managed to knock the chain off twice. The lake is starting to thaw and the ducks have returned!!!!




This week is holiday week, then next week I need to start back on the school work but for now, I do nothing!!!!

Lisa and Harris got engaged yesterday too! so that's wedding number 2 to return to the UK for!! Whoohoo! and congrats to them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment