Monday 25 April 2011

Hyvää Pääsiästä!

Wednesday, Jenny, Jon (visiting from USA) and Britta came around for a gossip and food! We had a good night, the usual giggling, making fun of everything and catching up on the week gone by also plans for Easter.

23rd April, was St. George's Day but I didn't really do anything to celebrate it. Jen, Jon and Britta came around again and we ate more and talked. Just the usual, really but a very good day. Sunny and hot too. We also tried Mämmi, which I didn't think was as bad as people made out, but it contains orange so I can't eat much of it without triggering an allergy... oh well

Sunday, we planned to meet in city and hang out at the park with a picnic. I was meant to go to church but I didn't feel great so I said I would catch up with them in the park an hour later. I baked some cheese bread and took a blanket. Eero, stayed home as he had some work to do. It was the hottest day yet 20C =) slight breeze hence I didn't feel the sun catch my neck (not much) not that I should be surprised after sitting in it for 5.5hours... but!

On the way to city I saw my first city bunny of the year! Also I wore my trainers for the first time this year and walked my foot into a huge blister. So Eero, came to pick me up in the city in the evening as my foot hurt bad =(


City bunny!

The day was excellent! Friends coming and going all day. New friends made and a lot of gossip! Even got to see Marlen who I haven't seen for ages as we both hibernated in the winter =) Day ending on an exciting note of new places to travel this summer and next.

Also, I forgot her name but one of Marlen's friends also read my tarot cards which is something I'm not a huge believer in but I do like to experiment, once in a while. It turned out to be quite, amusingly on what I felt now but I suppose the skeptic in me thinks you can always turn these situations to relate to yourself but part of me wonders, if it does have any relevancy to fate and destiny. Strangely I do believe in destiny... we will see!

Monday, was hot again. We has a slow day as I had hurt my foot and couldn't walk in shoes without it hurting, I decided to take the bike for a ride down by the lake and go see Dennis and Iris for an hour or two =) in the sun!!


The lake is starting to thaw around the outsides


we sat on the pier where the ice was still thick on the lake and talked! It gave a nice cool breeze in the heat of the day ^.^ Then we biked home! Seems biking doesn't hurt my foot so now it's the best way to get around, just a shame that Jyväskylä has so many hills! =P


Duck, who also wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat rice krispies... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment