Saturday 28 August 2010

Puhetentti 27.08.2010

Friday was the day of both Finnish speaking exams which were great fun I have to say.

The first part of the test was to act out a scene of our choice in Finnish... it had to be 3 to 5 minutes long and understandable by the whole class. So Jenny, Britta and me grouped up and got to work on thinking up a scene. Thursday was the day where we were in school all day then went back to school to work on our acting and speaking at 4pm. We finished for the night about 6.20pm. Then I walked to Prisma to get some milk and bread... 12km walking that day but it gave me time to think about my Finnish.

Friday, judgement day. We also had a no time specified 15 minute exam for speaking. We were shown a picture story and had to explain it in Finnish. We finished that and then we had to answer some more questions on what we liked to do, what we ate, what we were doing the weekend, etc. Jenny, Britta and myself were together for this and it was actually really nice as an exam. We could interact with each other so it was nice, if we needed too!

I have never looked forward to or enjoyed exams until this course so it's a new beginning!

So Monday is the grammar, writing comprehension and the listening tests... busy day but I am looking forward to testing what I know and what I think I know.

Tuesday morning is a course review and party so that's all good!

Orientation for my Master's degree starts on Thursday but I have signed up for a few courses already! I need to wait for Friday to choose what Suomi 2 class I can enroll for (there are three classes a week!).

No comments:

Post a Comment